Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mike the Knight Toys

Mike the Knight has invaded my house. My 2 year old stands right in front of the television and yells "Miiiiike" whenever the show comes on.

If you have never heard of Mike the Knight, let me tell you a little bit about the show. It takes place in the land of Glendragon. The King is away on a quest or mission of some kind. At home in the castle is the Queen, her son Mike, and daughter Evie. Mike is trying to be a knight and Evie is training to be a magician.

Typically in the show there is some conflict and Mike tries to solve it in his own way, which is often quite selfish. His dragon friends try to steer him right, as does his sister Evie, but he usually has to come to the understanding himself. At that point he says, "It is time to be a knight, and do it right!". Then, he does everything the correct, or good way. For a complete synopsis of the show, check out the Mike the Knight site on NickJr.

As a parent it can get a little tedious, but no more than animal rescues or having to consult a map every time you want to find your own home. The important thing is that my kid loves it, it is free of violence, and there is a moral/lesson to each show. If you are going to let your toddler watch some television, it might as well be something that is positive.

Imagine how excited I was when I learned Mike the Knight toys will be out later this year (2012). I've tried to figure out exactly when that will be, but I haven't been able to get a date. The toys were released recently in the UK (one shown), so hopefully it will be soon. I am sure they will be out by Christmas, but I hope it doesn't take that long.

Click on Mike the Knight coloring pages to print out official coloring pages from NickJr. Besides that, there are also other printables, crafts, and games on that same website.

Updated November 2012

I finally found some toys available for purchase. Unfortunately they are in limited quantities. I hope they get more in as Christmas shopping is really just beginning. Check out was is offered below. I hope you find something for your little Mike the Knight fan!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment