Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer Reading Lists

I have been giving a lot of thought to creating summer reading lists for different age groups, or at least the age groups I am most familiar with and then posting them here. Sometimes parents, or even kids, just need some ideas to get going.

I know a lot of kids don't like to read, but sometimes it is just a matter of finding the right book to interest them. I think it is a good idea to keep up reading over the summer holiday, if only to offset video games, television, etc.

I would be happy to take suggestions for great books, along with which age and gender you think would be most appropriate.

I think we’ve since the Harry Potter blew onto the children’s lit scene, that the right book can capture the imagination of many kids and bolster reading and literacy among kids.

Even if I don’t create summer reading lists, I am going to try to do some more book reviews to add to this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment