Monday, July 30, 2012

Pillow Pets Dream Lites Review


Most parents out there have probably heard of Dream Lites by now. The commercials are shown heavily on Nick Jr and other kids' channels.

My daughter told me all about it one day, but until I saw the commercial for myself, I wasn't sure what she was talking about. My Pillow Pets, the manufacturer, did a great job with the commercial. It really sells the product well.

I decided to purchase the Pillow Pets Plush Dream Lites NightLite Rainbow Unicorn for my daughter's birthday. She was SO surprised and her little face lit up. It was great! I felt like the best mom ever.

The moment of truth came when it was time to put in the batteries. The battery compartment is shut with a screw, which I really like, though it does take longer than the old style tab. Dream Lites take 3 AAA batteries, so be sure to have those on hand if you give one as a gift. We got the batteries in and turned it on.

It was afternoon and we had the curtains open, so it really wasn't that impressive. We went into the bathroom and shut the door. It looked great! You can set the Dream Lite to rotate between amber, green, and blue, or have it steady on one of those colors. I think the blue is my favorite. There are a bunch of stars, a crescent moon, and then the unicorn. Other Dream Lites have their respective picture that shows up on the ceiling.

We couldn't wait for bedtime to roll around. Fortunately, there were plenty of other new toys to play with before bed. At bedtime my daughter put the Dream Lites on her bed, turned it on, and I turned out the lights. Major OOOHS and AHHHS! My daughter has a string of light stars in her bedroom already that she uses as a night light. With that on the stars are fainter, but still visible. Obviously, it looks best with no other lights on.

I've read some reviews by other parents where they are upset that their child's room doesn't light up and glow as brightly as in the commercial. Well, I've never once gotten a Big Mac at my local McDonald's that looked like the one in the commercial. I really didn't expect it to look the same. It looks great though, and I am very happy with the purchase. Do I wish it was cheaper? Sure, I wish that about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment